Articles and Stories on Walking and Hiking
Hiking’s Effects On Disease States
- Hiking's Effect on How it can control the disease.
Aging Well: Walking for Senior Citizens
- Senior’s health is an important factor in the aging process.
Walking Posture for Kids
- Stand up straight says mom!
Walking on the Trail: How to Stay Safe While Hiking -
Hiking is a great way to exercise.
Walk, Jog or Run -The Ultimate Guide to Hiking -
Be careful while hiking or walking the trails.
Walking Your Way to Better Health -
Walking can help you stay healthy! Find out how?
Walking and Hiking the Appalachian Trail
- A guide to help assist you as one of the best hiking spaces in the country.
- Health and Walking go hand in hand.
Marathon Walking Resource Guide
- A wonderful way to help maintain your health.
What is Fire Walking
- An old spiritual movement that is still popular.
- Walking meditation is a great way to relax the body.
A Race Walking Resource Guide
- Walking competition has been around since Greek Times!
Walking Cane Designs and Styles
- So many styles to choose from. Read about them!
Handcrafted Walking Sticks and Canes
- Many walking canes are a labor of love for many craftsman.
- Different medical diseases require the art of mastering walking all over again,
Medical Benefits of Hiking
- Staying healthy with the help hiking.
Mobility Research Project
- Articles on how many diseases require the use of a mobility aid.
How Osteoarthritis Affects Gait
- This disease can affect your gait and why?
Diabetes and The Need for Walking Canes
- Diabetes nerve damage cane cause one to use a walking aid.
Multiple Sclerosis and Gait Abnormalities
- A disease that has major affects on walking and how a walking aid can help.
Parkinson's Disease and The Need for a Walking Cane
- Parkinson’s disease and the gait problems one can have.
Parkinson’s disease (PD) affects nearly one million people in the US. It is a progressive and chronic progressive movement disorder, meaning the symptoms will continue and worsen over time. - See more at: http://www.walking-canes.net/parkinsonsandwalkingcaneneeds.aspx#sthash.TfsmRuOn.dpuf
Obesity and Gait Abnormalities
- Obesity can cause one to have to use a cane.
How or What?
Please join us other interesting articles on questions pertaining to walking canes.
Other Interesting Articles to Read
A History of Walking Sticks By: Michelle J. Prima
Canes and Walking Sticks By: Tracie Loewe
Mobility and Getting Around
By: Steve Dempster
One of the greatest benefits of walking is its effect on a senior’s emotional health - See more at: http://www.walking-canes.net/agingseniors.html#sthash.cVMlwR1k.dpuf
Featured Articles and Stories