For proper walking cane sizing, always have two people present. When you need the cane for a mobility aid, it is best to see a health care professional for your walking cane sizing. However, if you would rather not go to the therapist for this, then you can perform walking cane sizing on your own (with another person’s help!)
Walking cane sizing when you already have the cane with you:
1. Remove the rubber tip from the cane. If it is tight...a squirt of WD-40 works wonders; twist the tip off rather than pulling.
2. It takes two people to "fit" a cane. The cane user should be wearing their usual walking shoes and standing as naturally upright as possible. Their arms should hang at their side with a normal bend at the elbow.
3. The second person places the cane with the handle on the ground on the side the person will be using the cane. The shaft is marked where it touches the middle crease of the user’s wrist. The cane should then be cut using a sharp saw and mitre box for an even cut. Reattach rubber tip.
Walking cane sizing to choose the size you will need:
· Perform the same steps as above, only use measuring tape or a yard stick to measure from the crease of the wrist to the floor. That measurement should tell you the length of the cane that will be most comfortable for the user.
Walking cane sizing for another person:
· If you don’t have the person there with you to measure, you can do a rough estimate. For 98% of people, the correct walking cane sizing is within an inch of half their height. So, take the amount of inches of a person’s height, and divide it into two. If you order the cane slightly big, that is ok—remember that a wooden cane can always be shortened, but never lengthened.
Acrylic Walking Canes
Enjoy the unique feel and look of our acrylic walking canes! The beauty of acrylic walking canes is in their clear, classy luster and sharp, modern style. Choose the size and thickness of your acrylic walking canes according to your weight and needs. We have acrylic walking canes for many situations, whether for ease in everyday walking, or to help with a lame leg while recovering from an injury, etc. Acrylic walking canes are the best choice for support and style!
Many people love using an adjustable cane, so that they can adjust to the most comfortable height depending on shoes, walking surface, and so on. Our adjustable cane selection has many classic styles and modern models, so there is sure to be something that suits your taste. Built to support in style, an adjustable cane is a great tool for comfortable walking.
Adjustable Folding Canes
There is a lot to say for convenience, especially when simply walking becomes a difficulty. Our adjustable folding canes help support you in all your needs, and then easily pack up for trips or small storage areas. Enjoy the portability of our adjustable folding canes! No matter what height you need, our adjustable folding canes can help serve you.
Adjustable Walking Stick
An adjustable walking stick is great for strolls in the park, walking to and from the car to the store, and making your way safely around the house. You can choose the most comfortable height for you each day, depending on the floor surface you are walking on, the shoes you are wearing, and other factors. Our adjustable walking stick collection has something for everyone, in many classic and stylish designs.
Our aluminum canes are desirably sturdy, well made and sophisticated. We have great designs that are as attractive as they are functional. Our aluminum canes selection has a wide variety, but each item is made with care and purpose. Aluminum canes are great for supporting you in daily activities in which you need extra help and support.